Obviously, you are interested on how to make your family go green (because you are reading this article). I’m sure you’re concerned about their health and our nature of course. It’s actually our responsibility to help our nature, likewise on how nature is helping us with our daily needs.
Going green has become the trend these days not just for the sake of having something new to introduce to the public since we all have this responsibility to maintain the safety of this planet. With all the threats that we are imposing due to the harmful chemicals that we’re using in our home cleaning and the like we really should be doing some things that could repay or help rebuild Mother Earth. So while it is not yet too late, we should now make our decent move to save this planet.
Sometimes it’s hard for us to aid our family to go green. Actually its not that simple for kids to memorize all of those things, but keeping them informed all the time will make them more aware of their surroundings and the cleaning product they are using (I actually scare my kids with all types of disease they can get when they are using these unnatural stuffs).
Let’s start with our homes. And by following these simple tips and steps, you can be assured of a cleaner and healthy home for your family:
1. By simply separating degradable from those biodegradable, we can help our nature; especially separating those with chemicals will reduce toxic waste. Also, avoid using these commercial cleaning products. Yes they can clean your home properly and disinfect your dishes and other items but it will also increase your exposure to chemicals.
2. Use natural cleaning products as an alternative. It’s the best way of cleaning your house. These natural cleaning products are cheaper and you can also get the same results like you were using those commercial cleaners. You can make one or buy some; it depends on how busy you are.
3. Reduce the use of electricity. Just unplug unused appliances or switch off light or replace your bulbs with energy efficient bulbs. It may cost more but it will last for years. This way, you are not only saving mother earth but also saving money from electricity bills.
4. Another thing to remember is to recycle old items. This way you can help reduce the use of valuable natural resources. But if you don’t have time to recycle just support recycled products or buy eco-friendly furniture.
5. Joining community projects such as reforesting or even planting at your garden or backyards help in rebuilding our nature. Also, supporting these green cleaning products will build better future for the next generations.
6. The last but not the least is sharing. Share what you have learned and spread it to everybody. Disseminating information properly can be of use. For example; you can buy janitorial cleaning products in bulk and sell them so that more and more people will use these kinds of products. You can even earn money this way while helping save our nature.